Monday 19 November 2007

Well, she cheers me up, anyway........

I've had one of those days.

In fact, it'll soon be the last time I have one of those days.

Some of you will know what I mean - the sick child at home.

Feral Child is still a bit too young to be left alone at home, and Rosa Klebb had a teacher training day, so my usual Monday morning activities had to be cancelled. Well, I suppose I need the occasional break from speed walking around the Common and then going on to crash computers and drink lots of tea instead of doing Good Works.

And then I was really trapped because the communal drain was blocked again and I had to deal with it as it's our garage that gets flooded first.......

So thank goodness for Margarita Pracatan! She used to cheer me up every Sunday evening when appeared on the Clive James show, singing the standards in her own unstandard way! I would also do the best impersonation of her in the office the following morning. In fact, my Mrs Doyle impersonation is quite good too. But that's for another time!

Here's Margarita in action, along with a fab intro from Clive James:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hpkP2mb4SA

Happy days.......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can we look forward to a YouTube video of you doing your Mrs Doyle then, Sylvia? Ah g'wan!

Sylvia said...

Ooh - that would be a bit much for the viewing public, I think.

My Mrs Overall isn't so bad either....

llewtrah said...

Send feral child into the drain to clean it? Might persuade her never to be sick again!