Thursday 12 July 2007

The Worried Parents

The Girl from Ipanema has gone camping in Wales this week with a gang of friends I've never heard of before.

Well, what else was she going to do, apart from stay in bed all week. At least she'll get some use out of the all the gear I bought for her in Millets when she did her DOE last year.

I wish I'd had the opportunity to get trenchfoot in a tent when I was her age!

Even before she left, I started to feel unwell - a sort of viral coldie thing. I have been in bed ever since she left. I'm very sick - I only get out of bed to cook meals and collect Feral Child from schools. She texts once a day to tell me that she's still alive. Today the text actually contained some information - they had all got sunburnt. I had to laugh, that was the one thing I didn't warn her to take precautions about!

This has happened before. When she went on the school cruise to the Eastern Mediterranean I developed crippling backache which only got better after her return. I don't think I slept for a week. Well, wouldn't you if your child went to Beirut on a day trip?

So I'm going to bed now. She's back on Saturday. I'll see if I get any better then. I'll have to be better to deal with the mountain of washing she'll bring back with her.

My husband has an easy way out. He just blames me for everything.

No comments: